kristilabrie

kristilabrie

No Death, No Fear
Thích Nhất Hạnh
The One-Straw Revolution: An Introduction to Natural Farming (New York Review Books Classics)
Masanobu Fukuoka

Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert As a young woman, this book spoke to me. It covered a lot of the personal struggles and passions I have encountered in the last 5-10 years.[return][return]I must admit, I started reading this book a long time ago and then set it down for a couple of years. At first, I was a little annoyed at Gilbert's voice. She seemed to be a little full of herself. Picking the book back up later on, I realized that I, too, had gone through a "selfish" phase, focusing on me, myself, and I, in order to balance out my life and gain the self-confidence I needed. It makes me wonder if most all women need to go through this seemingly "selfish" phase in their lives, especially since women are traditionally the caretakers of the world, making sure that everything and everyone is okay before they check their own pulse. This book is a great reminder that, especially as a woman, one needs to take care of themselves before taking care of others. By taking care of yourself, you'll have more to give to others, so it just makes sense. I'm very glad I picked this book back up and finished it, it's well worth the 4 stars.